I LOOOVE The Omni! My Review of The Charlotte Location

Okay, so let me first say, I promise, this will be my last hotel review without pics. I swear every time we go away, I walk into the room so exhausted or hungry or whatever that I completely forget about my plan to get pictures or video. I hope to travel a lot this year so I'll be sure to make it up to you guys.

So, on to the review. In case you're just now tuning into my blog, the hubby and I spent a few days in Charlotte to catch a Hornets game and do a little sight-seeing. The last time we were in Charlotte with my sister and brother-in-law, we stayed at the Clarion Conference Center which was a good location for what we were doing, checking out Scarowinds. This time, the hubby and I decided to stay at the Omni Charlotte. I've stayed at a couple different Omni Hotels, the one in Atlanta, for example, as well as in Austin whenever my mom and I go for KW Mega Camp. Each stay has always been exceptionally enjoyable (say that three times fast) so I new it would be a pleasant experience and I was right.

The hotel itself is huge and perfectly located. Right in the middle of the Epicentre so we were within walking distance of the Turner Warner Cable Arena as well as any restaurant we wanted to check out (in case you're wondering, 5Church was my favorite; definitely check it out). The room itself was on the small side; BUT that's not unexpected for a hotel downtown so I wasn't surprised. The bed was soo comfy and there was a mixture of soft and firm pillows (I normally request this, but I forgot to this time, so I appreciated that). Towels were thick, soft, and huge enough to wrap around you twice.

One thing to note if you're considering staying there any time soon, there is no self-parking. So just be prepared for the $20 a day Valet fee (but you get in-and-out privileges!) Another thing to consider (and this advice actually came from my mom when my sister and I drove out to Columbus a few years back). Join the Rewards program! You should really do this with any hotel chain, you build up points and  enjoy perks like complimentary Internet and, in the Omni's case, a free morning beverage and turn-down service.

Now for the only negative: the after 12am room service was... not good. I mean, I get it; it was super late so I know they're limited in what they're prepared to serve. And we could have walked the two blocks to Libretto's and grabbed a slice of New York style pizza (had it the last time we were there and it was epic). But it was raining something fierce and we didn't feel like getting the car from the valet or struggling in the rain so we took a chance and ordered from the late-night menu. I had the club sandwich which was was dry, toasted waay to hard, and STUFFED with ham. (Call me weird; I appreciate a good bread to meat ratio on my sandwiches and burgers). It came with fries that weren't much better; kind of limp and stale.

So definitely a miss for the room-service, but I'd still stay there again and probably order room service again (perhaps during the day). I feel like maybe they just had an off night. And seriously, everything else was awesome.

Ever stayed at this hotel or planning on staying soon? Tell me about it below!

Hinesville Lifestyle
Where to eat
What to do
Where to live

Follow Me!
@Live_Love_24
LiveLoveArmy24

Comments

  1. You know I stayed at the Omni Dallas and I loved it! Except for room service after midnight-horrible. They totally need to work on that! I remember they were out of everything and I too got a club sandwich. Man, I hate that it seems to be a universal omni thing. Westin has my favorite midnight room service. Love your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I want to know what you think!

Popular Posts