The Chart House (Savannah location) Review

So this past weekend, the hubby and I were invited to a birthday dinner for one of his friends from WLC at the Chart House in Savannah. I love to try new restaurants (especially in Savannah) and I'd never been so I was excited to go.


Located on Bay, the Chart House features two entrances, one from Bay Street which enters the third floor and one on River which is the bottom floor. I suppose one should enter through the River Street entrance since that's where the hostess stand is but we'd already come the other way from the parking garage, and I was definitely unprepared for navigating those crazy steep stairs in four inch heels.

The inside was lovely. It's right on the river, so a seat by the window offers a pretty cool view and the inside décor is inviting and warm. The food was AMAZING. I ordered the pecan-crusted trout (believe it or not, this was my first time having trout and I was impressed) which, no lie, smelled like pralines. Mashed Yukon potatoes for the side and French cut green beans. Both delicious. The hubby had the mixed seafood plate (I'm assuming he enjoyed it; he cleaned his plate completely.) They've got a pretty good wine selection as well, though if you're looking to order by the glass, that list decreases considerably.

Might I suggest the Banfi Rosa Regal Rose which was nice and sweet. I planned to switch to champagne (I mean, it was a birthday dinner after all!) once dinner I arrived, but it was so good I stuck with it. Our waiter, RJ, (you may want to request him, he was attentive and handled our party of nine with ease) told me he'd heard that it was good in sangria. The hubby and I are currently searching for a liquor or wine store in town that stocks it so we can make our own.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience and I'll definitely be back. One interesting touch was the menus themselves. The hubby's friend had made reservations specifically for a birthday dinner so we all got menus wishing her a happy birthday at the top. A small but meaningful and classy gesture.

Comments

Popular Posts