Clarion Conference Center (Charlotte) Review

So I'll start with the positive. The location was GREAT. Centrally located between the Epicentre (tons of clubs, good restaurants) and the Carowinds theme park. Also about 10 minutes down the road from the Southpark Mall. So if you're looking for a lower-priced hotel that's pretty close to everything, this is it. Are there hotels closer to Carowinds? Yes; in fact, the hubby and I initially had a reservation at the Clarion right down the street, but we changed it so we could all stay in the same hotel.

The lady at the front desk was nice and super helpful as well. We arrived for check-in about 2 and 1/2 hours early and she allowed us access to our rooms AS SOON as they were cleaned about 30 minutes later. The hotel is actually attached to a Ramada Inn; they share an eating area for breakfast. We opted for IHOP the next morning (also very close) so I can't comment on that.

Our actual room was not too bad. First floor, looked out into the breakfast area, so we kept the drapes closed. The bathroom was miniscule; (there's really no other way to put it) there was literally about 3 inches of space between the toilet and the door when it was open. The towels were thin and small BUT clean and stark white which I, for one, always appreciate. Though the bathroom was tiny, the actual room itself was spacious with plenty of room to move around comfortably despite the king-sized bed, two night stands, a desk with computer chair, and arm chair.  The bed was soft and there was a good mix of both soft and firm pillows. And there was a refrigerator!

So all in all, it was a pretty nice stay. I think when the hubby and I come back for New Years, we'll probably stay closer to the Epicentre but that's only because the Hornets game will be the main reason for our trip. If you're looking for something centrally located, the Clarion is definitely an option to consider.

Comments

  1. I'm not in Charlotte but it sounds like a really nice place to stay. Glad you had a pleasant experience. #productreviewparty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my family threw a surprise birthday party for my grandfather at the Clarion in Memphis and from what I seen it was a good hotel. I didn't get to see the rooms, only the conference rooms. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stacie and Louida for your comments! Louida, I've never been to Memphis, but it's definitely on my bucket list lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I want to know what you think!

Popular Posts