Keep Me Occupied! Fun Things To Do Hinesville/ Fort Stewart

Okay, so I must admit I do my fair share of running to Savannah, Jekyll Island, etc. on the weekends. The hubby and I love the beach (... well, I love it, he just kind of tolerates it) and we also love Savannah's culture and nightlife. But for the weekends/ nights when we just don't feel liking taking that drive, there ARE fun and interesting things to do that are a little closer to home. Behold, my personal experience running around Hinesville.



The Marne Bowling Center
Located on post on Steele Avenue, this place has a super laid-back and family friendly atmosphere. Leaving the kiddos at home? They serve some of the tastiest, cheapest margaritas around. Taking them with you? They've got cute kid-friendly specials, like A+ Games Special where every A received on a report card entitles your kid to a free game.

They apparently have a pro shop that provides ball drilling and resurfacing (whatever the heck that is) along with a full line of pro clothing accessories. I don't know much about this part; as anyone who knows me will tell you, I am NOT a pro bowler. Let's be honest, most balls for me are lucky to not be in the gutter (I try to maintain some pride and not request bumpers).

Farmers Market
Fresh and, in some cases, organic produce available every Thursday from 4-7 in Bradwell Park (right across the street from the Police Station on MLK). This is a time sensitive event though; the market runs from March to October. So if you're reading this outside of that time bracket, check out the Bountiful Baskets program. Similar concept, same healthy goodness(:

Uncommon Grounds
While you're at the Farmers Market, check out Uncommon Grounds! My favorite treat is their BLT (no matter how many times I make these at home, they just don't compare) and a Snickers Latte (hard to explain, just know that it's awesome and you need it in your life). This place is similar to Starbucks without the the crazy high prices and with a cozier, more down-to-earth, less hipstery feel. Everyone's always really sweet and really helpful.

Liberty Cinemas
This one's pretty self-explanatory. It's located off of what we call the main drag (84 or Oglethorpe) adjacent to the Kroger. The high school kids tend to drive me a little nuts so the hubby and I usually try to go earlier in the evening or during the day. In fact, the last time we went, we couldn't decide on a movie, so he saw the Ninja Turtles movie, and I saw The Giver and we met for dinner afterwards. I believe Steven Covey would call that a win-win(;

So these are just a few of my favorite haunts in the area. I've also included a few links below for daily community events to take advantage of both on post and off post. Most are kid-friendly and completely FREE. Brand spanking new to the area and looking for even more info? Check out my Fort Stewart Cheat Sheet! Even more awesome info on the Hinesville and Fort Stewart area.

On Post

Off Post

Where to live

Who the heck is this chick?

Follow Me!
@Live_Love_24
LiveLoveArmy24

Suggestions for little-known spots for fun in Hinesville? Tell me in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts