April Obsessions

april events hinesville fort stewart




Without further ado, what I'm obsessing over this month:

Military Kids!
So you probably already know by now, April is the Month of The Military Child. As a former military brat and the mother of a newly minted military brat, I love that April is dedicated to recognizing and celebrating military kids! Navigating adolescence and puberty is hard enough but when you add moving around every 3-5 years? You're definitely bound to have some growing pains. Luckily for me and my siblings, my parents were awesome and understanding and we came out okay. Looking for ways to celebrate your own military child? Check out seventeen super cool ideas HERE.

No Pass Needed
If you're new to the blog and stationed here at Fort Stewart, you may want to check out my previous post, the first installment of my No Pass Needed series. Several times a month, I see questions on the Fort Stewart Facebook groups from wives looking for ways to spend last-minute four-days or day trips with visiting family members. So I thought it'd be fun (as well as an excuse to travel, which I love) to check out a new city/ town every few weeks and detail our experiences. Suggestions for new places to visit or want to share your own experiences? Comment below!

http://lilliedale.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweet-wine-slushies.html
Wine. Slushies.
I didn't even know these were a thing until we visited The Winey Wench at the mall in Jacksonville. I am currently obsessed, so, naturally, I had to research where I could get them here at home. Turns out you can make your own; super yummy recipes HERE and HERE. I haven't yet discovered a spot in Savannah to purchase one, so if you know of a shop or restaurant, please share!

#NoFilterNeeded Kids Photo Contest
Speaking of ways to celebrate your military kid, why not encourage him or her to enter Liberty County's current kids only photo contest? Pics must be taken here in Liberty County and submitted by the 6th of May so there's still plenty of time! 1st place will win a $100 Walmart gift card while 2nd and 3rd runners-up will receive goody bags from the Liberty County Convention and Visitors Bureau (LCCVB).


The Carnival is Here!
In the mood for junk food and fun rides? Look no further than the Fort Stewart Carnival, running this coming Thursday through Sunday (check Facebook page for times). If you're reading this and not affiliated with the military, you can still enjoy! Just enter through the main gate (the one by Wok n Roll and Baldinos) and have your photo ID, registration, and proof of insurance ready. Pets, coolers, outside food, and glass bottles are prohibited.

So there you have it, everything I'm excited about this month. What are you freaking out over? Share below!

Hinesville Lifestyle
Where to eat (the ultimate remedy for even the sweetest of teeth)
What to do (look no further than this post!)
Where to live

Comments

Post a Comment

I want to know what you think!

Popular Posts