The Low Down on Miss Swifty's Latest, 1989

Okay, so I've been a fan of Taylor Swift from the very beginning. My first year of college, my then roommate set me down one afternoon, asked, "Okay, have you ever heard this song?", played, Our Song, and I was pretty much hooked. So when 1989 first became available for pre-order on ITunes, I didn't even need to hear a single track. It was clear I would be ordering.

I've basically listened to the album non-stop since it dropped last week, and the first thing I want to say is how much I like the apparent change and growth. You compare songs and the vibe of 2006's Taylor Swift to this year's 1989 and it's easy to see how much she's evolved as an artist. With lyrics like "...his hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room." and "tangled up with you all night", 1989 showcases a much more adult Swift. I suppose the parents of Taylor's tween fans may not appreciate this (to which I say, probably monitor what your kid is listening to, but that's a whole other blog post) BUT for grown women like me who are constantly ridiculed by our friends for listening to "teenybopper music" this a nice change from Red (which I also pre-ordered, don't judge me!).

The best songs on the entire album? Easy:

Shake It Off
The first single to drop a few months ago, and it's no wonder. This song is bubbly, upbeat, and pretty much classic Taylor. I've normally got this blasting either on the way to work or while I'm getting dressed for work (or both). You literally cannot listen to it and be in a bad mood at the same time. Need extra laughs? For God's sake check out the video. Her awkward dancing makes me feel soo much better about my own random dance moves when I'm out with friends!

Wildest Dreams
By far my favorite track EVER, Wildest Dreams brings to mind the excitement and complete freedom of new love (or a new relationship, if you're not quite there yet). Everyone remembers the feeling of being with someone new before you've had your first fight, maybe before you've realized your parents hate him or her. It's just you and the other person and that's all that matters. (this song is basically the soundtrack to every relationship I had in high school).

I Know Places
If Wildest Dreams is about new, untainted love, I Know Places speaks to that inevitable point in any relationship where EVERYONE seems to know more about you guys then you do. Everyone's got an opinion, everyone's got advice. This one's all about protecting you relationship (or your life, period) from those that don't necessarily wish you well.

How You Get The Girl
More classic Taylor on this track. The kind of addictive earworm song you'll be humming for days after hearing, How You Get The Girl is kind of like a hopeful and vibrant version of a break-up track.


I want your opinions! What did you think of Taylor Swift's latest album? Love it? Hate it? Let me know!

Hinesville Lifestyle
Where to eat (Definitely a special occasion kinda place. We had dinner a few weeks ago to celebrate the hubby's promotion)
What to do
Where to live

Follow Me!
@Live_Love_24
LiveLoveArmy24


His hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room

Comments

Popular Posts