An Awesome Tip For Those With Septic Systems That Are Hosting Guests This Season (or any time for that matter!)

So it's that time of year again, when the stream of overnight guests seems endless. You've got your parents staying for Christmas, your cousins visiting next weekend and your sister and her husband staying for New Years. My hubby and I, for one, love having people spend a few nights with us every once in a while. This past summer, we had a huge housewarming party a few months after we closed on the house and we were full to the brim. We had a blast.

The biggest thing we always have to remind everyone about is proper care for our septic system. Those of you out there that have septic systems of your own have an idea of what I'm talking about. No running the dishwasher, clothes washer, and shower all at the same time. No garbage disposal, the list goes on and on. But how many times have you caught a guest tossing something in the sink that they shouldn't? And do you secretly worry that someone may use waaay to much toilet paper? (Perhaps, that last one is just me. I am, admittedly, a huge control freak after-all).


Last month, we had my family over for dinner and my mom accidentally burned some butter on the stove. My brother-in-law, trying to be helpful, went to toss the butter down the drain. I think my mom and I probably hollered at the same time. We ended up setting it out on the counter to harden and then scraping it into the trash can. No harm, no foul, but my mom came up with a brilliant idea for letting your guests know about your system, which I'm now sharing with you.

So you know how you may, sometimes, set out a bowl of fresh fruit, or maybe put some snacks and bottled water out if your guests are getting in really late? Along with that, you may want to consider adding a nice note explaining about your system and just listing a few of the big no-no's. Nothing fancy and it doesn't necessarily have to be hand-written, just something that says "Thanks for staying with us, we have a septic system, here are the rules". That way, you don't have to waste time explaining the same thing over and over again and your guests won't end up pouring melted butter down your drain.

Do you have your own ways of handling holiday guests? Tell me all about it, below!

Can't get enough LiveLoveArmyLife? Check out the new Facebook page!

Hinesville Lifestyle
Where to eat (in Richmond Hill, but worth the drive, TRUST ME)
What to do
Where to live

Follow Me!
@Live_Love_24
LiveLoveArmy24

Comments

Popular Posts