You MUST Try Bubba's Bistro!

So this afternoon, I was in Richmond Hill getting video for out-of-town clients, and so I decided to stop in Bubba's Bistro, a super laid-back lunch spot in Richmond Hill right off of 17. If you follow my blog (if you don't you SHOULD!) you know a few weeks ago, I posted about welcome packets for anyone PCSing to Fort Stewart. I found a pamphlet for Bubba's Bistro in the Richmond Hill welcome packet and so we decided to try it. Let me tell you, me and my mom were NOT disappointed.


Walking up to the restaurant, my first impression was that this place was kind of low-key, unassuming. Tucked in a quiet shopping center next to a yoga studio. Out door seating, floor-to-ceiling windows. The food. Was. Amazing. Okay, so arguably, I've said this about every other restaurant I've reviewed so far. (either I have really good taste picking restaurants, or an especially easy-to-please palate). But I'm not kidding. It was soo good. I had the Fried Green Tomato BLT with a side of fries. The fried green tomatoes were fried to perfection and cut with just the right amount of thickness (not too thin, but not so thick they overrode the entire sandwich). I added bacon and Smoked Gouda; the only think I would do differently next time is leave off the bacon. The sandwich already comes with a bacon aioli; I added bacon strips because, well, what's a BLT without the bacon? But I ended up pulling some of the slices off; it was just too bacony. Is that a word? Anyway, this may not be a problem for the bacon obsessed, but for me, it was a bit much.


My mom ordered the fried shrimp and grits. I cannot personally comment on this dish because I was too busy stuffing my face with my own food to try hers, but she says it was pretty good. The ONLY negative about our visit: they seemed a little under-staffed. Don't get me wrong, our waitress was wonderful, but she was basically taking care of most of the tables in the place and she seemed a little rushed. I would maybe have an extra server to assist during lunch hours.


We'll definitely be back. We're doing more and more business in Richmond Hill and Savannah, so I'll have an excuse to stop in once in a while. Have you checked out Bubba's? Tell me about it!


Hinesville Lifestyle
Where to eat (duh! THIS place, no link necessary!)
What to do
Where to live


Follow Me!
@Live_Love_24
LiveLoveArmy24

Comments

Popular Posts