I Did It! Grilled Eggplant!

So a couple of posts ago, I mentioned my plans to try grilling the eggplant. Well, a few nights ago, I succeeded in making some pretty delicious eggplant. You'll have to excuse smugness of this post, I'm way too proud of myself over here.


So I've never prepared eggplant before in my life. Sometimes, it'll end up in the mixed veggies side I order at restaurants but that's been my sole experience with the vegetable. So, I began with a video (which I've inserted below) on the different methods for slicing an eggplant.



Once that was figured out, I had to decide what to season it with. Believe me, I'm moving away from the dreaded season-all (it's a constant struggle) but the hubby and I can't stand bland food, so I had to add a little something. I kind of pieced together a couple different recipes (courtesy of Google and the Food Network.). I ended up with olive oil, rosemary, oregano, parsley, a pinch of salt, and pepper. The recipe requires a little brush to apply the olive oil (I really need to get one of those). Instead, I tossed everything in one of those gallon freezer bags, and shook until each slice of eggplant was thoroughly covered with the mixture. The hubby threw the slices on the grill with some fish (we had some frozen that my uncle had given us from a fishing trip this summer), I added some Jasmine Rice and we ended up with a pretty nice meal. How's that for not letting your Bountiful Basket go bad?




Follow Me:

@Live_Love_24 (TWITTER!)
LiveLoveArmy24 (INSTAGRAM!)


Comments

Popular Posts