Does Anyone Else Revert to Weird Single-Person Behavior When Their Spouse Has 24hr Duty?

No? Just me? Oh all right then! So last week, the hubby had 24hr duty. You know the drill, they're gone all day and night, and then have the next day off which they usually spend asleep (or at least mine does. The first time I tried to get him to actually do something on his day off, he looked at me like I was requesting that he try and grow an extra head).

So anyway, I noticed last week that without fail, when the hubby is away, I somehow forget to... wife.  I spent the entire day in my PJs. I mean, I worked and made phone calls, don't get me wrong (the good thing about my job is it can be done from home). Then I spent the entire evening on the phone with the bestie watching crappy television and eating even crappier food. Just like back in college. Seriously, I was supposed to grab bell peppers and milk from the store for homemade pizza for dinner and cereal the next morning. Didn't happen. (My dinner consisted of water and leftover carrot cake from the Cheesecake Factory the weekend before). For some reason, I had NO energy,


I guess it happens to the best of us. Some days, you just don't feel like getting anything done. I feel like that's okay as long as those days are few and far between. The next day was business as usual: a meeting at work, running errands (STILL had to grab the milk and freakin bell peppers), etc. But I did notice that I felt refreshed and well-rested after my day of  laziness. I can only attribute that to the fact that, besides work, my entire day revolved around ME and what I wanted to do. One the biggest adjustments I've made (and to be fair, the hubby has made as well) since getting married earlier this year is acknowledging how the bulk of our decisions affects the other party. That day, there was no one to be affected accept the animals and THEY certainly weren't complaining. I think that, sometimes, it's just nice to have a ME day. I definitely wouldn't say I'm looking forward to the next 24hr duty, but I at least know what I'll be eating and watching. Captain Crunch Peanut Butter cereal and an Orange and Is The New Black marathon.

What are your favorite ways to wind down while your spouse is away? Tell me below!

Hinesville Lifestyle
What to eat (authentic German cuisine, you can't beat that!)
Where to live
What to do

Follow Me!
@Live_Love_24
LiveLoveArmy24

Comments

Popular Posts